Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week 6: Preparing the final project

This week I received the unwelcome news that there was insufficient student registration to create an online Global Studies class for next year in my school district.  Despite this I am still glad to be working on a potential Global Studies class for my final project.  Thinking through objectives and outcomes is clarifying, and I should be able to incorporate some of the ideas into my f2f class.

I am also fortunate to have existing Essential Learner Outcomes (ELOs) for this class.  The Global Studies PLC at Anoka HS, of which I am a member has developed them, and I will be using them for my final project.  The complete list, which is continually evolving, is here.  The learning module on Toussaint Louverture and the Haitian Revolution which is the focus of my final project presents work toward three of these outcomes.  The mind that I created in Inspiration links these outcomes with module activities and objectives.  Check it out.  Feedback is appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Eric sorry to hear about the cancellation of the Global Studies class. Is there a way to advertise on Facebook or send a mass email about the course to students?

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for you concern, Jeanne. The course was not cancelled, it just has not come into existence, yet. This year was the first year that it was listed as a registration option, and it does not appear that enough students signed up for it. I don't think that a final decision has been yet. It would difficult to advertise since nothing exists. I knew this was possible.

    It does appear that a twelfth grade social studies class, Law, will be offered, and I have applied to create and to teach it. The existing thing is that the courses don't exist yet, so they will need to be created.

    ReplyDelete