Saturday, February 4, 2012

Inspiration!

One of the best aspects of the UW Stout program so far has been the opportunity to play with new technologies.  After downloading Inspiration last week for the concept map assignment, I have found myself spending many of the past 24 hours using it to forge a clearer understanding of the Haitian Revolution, 1792-1804.  The events were complex, and I am hoping that clarifying my understanding will allow me to create clear learning targets for my Global Studies students next weekend.  Inspiration will also allow me to create an artifact of my own learning that I can share with Global Studies colleagues who, like me, are looking to incorporate more coverage of Latin America into their courses.

In the course of looking into this I also came across the Louverture Project, a fabulous wiki that houses many useful primary sources.  I have already participated in the project by editing it (for clarity, not content), and I bookmarked it with a Diigo account, in which I have created a group for social studies teachers.  A veritable stew of tools used in the E-Learning program!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information on Webex. I really searched this fall for a collaborative presentation tool, but found they would charge fees as well. Hopefully more educational collab tools will pop up.

    ReplyDelete