Friday, February 10, 2012

Global Studies Online?

In the past couple of weeks the possibility of my teaching a fully online class through my current high school has emerged.  The school year my district has offered a limited number of fully online courses, and they will be offering many more next year.  If student registration numbers are sufficient to offer these classes, new online teachers will need to create the classes from the ground up.  I have put my hat in the ring to develop European or US History or Global Studies.

With this exciting possibility in mind I have decided to focus on a possible online Global Studies class taught to 11th graders as I reflect on Assessment in E-Learning.  If the class doesn't exist or I am not selected to teach it, I hope to use the ideas that I form to enrich my f2f Global Studies class.  I am not currently using an web 2.0 tools in this course, although  I do have a static website that I use to communicate information to students and families.

No comments:

Post a Comment