Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Week 1 of Assessment in E-Learning went well, and I am confident that the course will improve my practice.  We have already begun working on a wiki.  I see great possibilities for wikis as sites for students to collaboratively construct knowledge, but I have done very little with them thus far. 

On the advice of our instructor I have created a PBworks worksite for my AP European History class.  On the recommendation of another APEH teacher I will assign student groups to collectively write essays in response to prompts from past AP tests.  The wiki comment section should facilitate metacognition amongst the student group and will allow me to assess their writing fluency.

Beyond this exciting development, it seems like a friendly and engaged group of classmates from a variety of educational perspectives.  Over 150 messages on the introductions board, and counting!  Looks a good group.

No comments:

Post a Comment