Saturday, January 21, 2012

Assessment in E-Learning: Week 2

I am very excited about the intersection between my E-Learning class and the classes that I am teaching.  My high expectations for class were validated this week as I incorporated work from class into my Anoka HS AP European History class.  After working with the wiki for Assessment and at Datta Kaur's suggestion in class discussion, I created a pbworks workspace for APEH.  

The first assessment project for which I am using the wiki site is a collaborative essay writing project.  Groups of three or four students will each be responding to free-response question prompts from past AP tests.  Students will compose parts of their group's response, edit each others' work, and, most critically, record the reasons for their changes in the comments.  This provides metacognition and allows me to assess their writing.  I took this idea directly form Susan Vanderpool, a techer from New York who suggested it on a list-serve for AP Euro teachers.  Knowledge networks are powerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment