Saturday, January 21, 2012

Video Conferencing: Week 2

Unfortunately, I was unable to participate in the live video conference, due to parent-teacher conferences at my high school.  I did view the recording, and found myself interested in putting voices with names from class.  Much like providing pictures in our profiles the live video conference seems to add human contact to the class.  This is an extra benefit beyond the utility of asking and answer questions about the course live.  I will need to learn more about the hosting this type of event when I teach a fully online class, possibly as soon as next fall.

1 comment:

  1. You were missed at the live conference, Eric. Just as you mentioned, I too was trying to put a voice to the name. The usernames sometimes didn't lend itself to readily knowing who was speaking - perhaps an introductory period at the beginning with each person in session.
    Jeanne the Intern!

    ReplyDelete