Sunday, January 27, 2013

First Post for Collaborative Communities in E-Learning

I have enjoyed the start of Collaborative Communities. This week has mainly been about reflecting on my hybrid Politics and Law class in the fall and recalling how to operate in D2L.  A lively and thoughtful group of classmates filled the discussion boards, an especially good sign in a class on collaboration.  Unlike the coming weeks, this week was more about sharpening existing skills then developing new ones.

I'm looking forward to participating more through the coming weeks.  This week was rushed form me with P/T conferences, a daughter's 2nd birthday, and family from out of town.  Even so, I have already picked a few useful tips and links from people.  My greatest point of frustration in teaching online in the fall was getting students to complete tasks.  Classmate Monica's suggestion that I create more screen cast videos orienting students to the Moodle site and its functions seems appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment