Friday, March 15, 2013

Final Reflection on Collaborative Communites

On my landing page for my portfolio for Collaborative Communities in E-Learning I noted that the class is aptly named.  Like the other classes in the UW-Stout E-Learning program I have found that this class practiced what it preached by creating a collaborative community.  I enjoyed working with my classmates and found that they pushed my to clarify my ideas, in addition to exposing me to new ideas and tools.

The class was a good mix of the practical and the theoretical.  I appreciated how we practiced specific language to use in setting expectations for students and responding to situations in a course.  I was able to immediately apply some of this information and am glad to have thought through others before they happen.  I am also glad that these conversations were grounded in more theoretical discussions of critical thinking and constructivism. 

As a I develop online resources for my face to face history classes and, hopefully, design an online World History class I want to keep these big ideas front and center.  On Monday I will be starting a new term at school with four new US History classes.  US History is the course in which I have incorporated the fewest online activities, so my next step will be to add some e-learning to this course.  This Spring I will also be on the curriculum writing committee for World History in my district, and I will do this with one eye on how the course can dive deeper into the content online.

2 comments:

  1. Nice article and thanks for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, thank you very much for sharing this valuable information with us.

    ReplyDelete